Friday, November 7, 2008

Mommy and Me

I am so madly in love with my daughter. This morning we woke up at 8 and stayed there till 10 chatting. Yup, chatting. A week ago she was full mode squawking and now it's developed into a "nnnah" sound that she mixes with the squawking and a hiccup of a giggle. Its so funny to see her develop into this little human who is a exact replica of her parents. Like her father she loves the sound of her own voice (teasing honey) and is so charming. Like her mother she has so much to say and no problem sharing it. It surprises me every day how much personality she already has.
Peter and I took her to the movies tonight to see "Igor" (base theater- cheap tickets) and she smiled at me for half the movie and laughed at the screen for the second half. A bouncy dance was broken out when the soundtrack got loud. She amuses me to no end and the best part is she thinks I'm entertaining too... how did I get so lucky?

2 comments:

  1. lucky you?? lucky me I have both a wonderful daughter and a wonderful granddaughter. I love the chance to be part of your lives through this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire, you ain't seen nuthin' yet. There are going to be many many days of overwhelming love ahead in your parenting; Mimi and I are still experiencing them as we read a posting like this... To be sure, Dailey will be having much more laughter and love for you guys, too.
    Thanks for your wonderful message today.

    ReplyDelete

layout